Certificate 3 Guarantee
What is a Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee Program is a Queensland Government initiative that provides a training subsidy to eligible students.
What Qualifications are available?
Specialised Career Solutions are a Pre-Qualified supplier, and is able to offer the following qualification within the Aviation Field:
- AVI30316 – Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot – Visual Line of Sight)
What are the benefits?
You will receive subsidised training (Queensland Government Funded) for one certificate level III qualification of your choice to increase your employment opportunities. If you need to develop skills before undertaking a certificate III course, you may be eligible to undertake study in language, literacy and numeracy programs as well as certificate I and II qualifications that lead to the certificate III.
Why choose Specialised Career Solutions for my Certificate 3 Guarantee?
SCS promotes quality, industry relevant training and has the experience and industry network to provide you with the skills you need to succeed in today’s job market. SCS promotes a number of services including a library, career counselling, disability support and a wide range of other student support services to assist students to achieve the outcome they are seeking.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to receive the Certificate 3 Guarantee students must:
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have finished secondary school or are no longer at school
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen permanently living in Queensland
- To be eligible to receive the Certificate 3 Guarantee, students must not already hold, or be currently studying a certificate III or higher level qualification. This includes any equivalent certificate III or higher level training completed at university or through an apprenticeship or traineeship. It does not matter if you paid for this training or it was subsidised by the government.However certificate III qualifications completed while at school and foundation skills courses are not counted and you will still be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
- Employment status does not matter.
I am a continuing student; does the Certificate 3 Guarantee affect me?
No, as a continuing student, the previous government funding that you were eligible for at the time of your enrolment is still current.
What if I already have a certificate III or higher level qualification?
To be eligible to receive the Certificate 3 Guarantee, students must not already hold, or be currently studying a certificate III or higher level qualification. This includes any equivalent certificate III or higher level training completed at university or through an apprenticeship or traineeship. It does not matter if you paid for this training or it was subsidised by the government.
Am I required to contribute to the cost of my training?
Refer to the student handbook for fees and charges
Are my licence fees included in the training costs?
No, These are a separate fee payable to the Office of Fair Trading.
Who is a Concessional Student?
The following students are entitled to concessions:
- Students (or their partner or guardian) who hold a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students;
- school students enrolled in a VETiS program;
- students with a disability;
Download the Student Handbook for more information on Certificate 3 Guarantee Programs.
Click Here to visit the Department of Education and Trainings Certificate 3 Guarantee information website.
Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) – Queensland
What is VETiS?
Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) is a program that enables students to gain nationally recognised qualifications while at school. Students learn skills and knowledge required for specific industries such as becoming a Remote Pilot ( Drones)
VETiS can be undertaken in years 10, 11 and 12, and can count towards the Queensland Certificate of Education.
VET can also be undertaken while a young person is still enrolled at school through a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship (SAT).
How is VETiS funded in Queensland?
In Queensland, VETiS is funded from two main sources:
1. Schools—many schools are also registered training organisations (school RTOs) and deliver VETiS training to students. The majority of VETiS training in Queensland is delivered and resourced by schools RTOs.
2. Training (VET investment budget)—provides funding to an RTO such as Specialised Careers Solutions (RTO 32292) that is approved by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training as a pre-qualified supplier (PQS).
Students undertaking VETiS, which is funded and delivered by a school RTO or self-funded, can undertake any qualification across a range of industries. This includes certificate III or higher level qualifications