AVI30516 – Certificate III in Aviation (Aerodrome Operations)
This course teaches the competencies of inspecting, reporting and managing aerodrome operations with regional, domestic, international and military aerodromes.
6 months: up to 300 hours
2 five-day workshop
3 months of practical assessment
The course is delivered both theatrically and practically with all practical activities taught and assessed at an operational airport.
- An Australian driver’s licence.
- A sufficient level of English language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Able to gain an Aviation Reference Number (ARN) with CASA.
NOTE: To demonstrate your English language competency, you can either provide evidence of English language proficiency (Year 10 English or equivalent) or a minimum of six month of vocational experience. Alternatively, we offer Civil Aviation Safety Authority General English Language Proficiency tests for ground crew and flight licensing requirements for the CASA radio approvals.
Upon completion of this qualification, you will gain technical and non-technical aviation skills to operate effectively in a broad range of aerodrome operations. Prospective roles include but not limited to:
- Aerodrome Reporting Officer (ARO)
- Airport Safety Officer
- Airside Operations Officer
- Operations Officer
- RAAF – Base Aviation Safety Officer (BASO)
- Military Aviation Safety Officer
- Works Safety Officer (WSO)
- Airport Supervisor
- Operations Manager
Units of competency
- AVIB3005 – Inspect and report on aerodrome serviceability
- AVIB3006 – Inspect and report on aerodrome lighting systems
- AVIB3007 – Inspect and report on obstacle limitation surfaces
- AVIC2001 – Drive on the airside
- AVIE3003 – Complete a Notice to Airmen
- AVIE0001 – Operate aeronautical radio
- AVIF0001 – Apply aviation safety procedures
- AVIF3012 – Apply relevant laws and regulations to the operations of an aerodrome
- AVIF3025 – Facilitate the safety of aerodrome works and works site access
- AVIF3026 – Facilitate an aerodrome emergency response
- AVIO3001 – Monitor airside access and airside driving
- AVIW3023 – Implement wildlife hazard control measures
- AVIW5022 – Coordinate the removal of disabled aircraft
- AVIZ1005 – Maintain basic situation awareness in the aviation workplace