AVI30419 – Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot)
This course is the highest qualification available for professionals who wish to operate within the sub 7kg multirotor remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) industry. Participants will acquire two Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) licensed outcomes; a Remote Pilot License and an Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate. Remote pilot duties include applying technical and non-technical aviation skills and knowledge within RPAS operational environments.
21 days: 165 hours facilitator lead training plus self-paced eLearning
3 weeks face-to-face practical and theory training – Monday to Friday (8:00am to 4:00pm)
24-hour online course access for student learning guides and reference material
A combination of facilitator lead and online course (self-paced) learning following CASA practical RPAS flight training on site.
- An Australian driver’s licence.
- A sufficient level of English language, literacy and numeracy skills.
NOTE: To demonstrate your English language competency, you can either provide evidence of English language proficiency (Year 10 English or equivalent) or a minimum of six month of vocational experience. Alternatively, we offer Civil Aviation Safety Authority General English Language Proficiency tests for ground crew and flight licensing requirements.
Upon completion of this qualification, you will gain all the necessary skills and experience for roles such as a Remote Pilot.
Units of competency
- AVIF0021 Manage human factors in remote pilot aircraft systems operations
- AVIH0006 Navigate remote pilot aircraft systems
- AVIW0028 Operate and manage remote pilot aircraft systems
- AVIW0004 Perform operational inspections on remote operated systems
- AVIY0052 Control remote pilot aircraft systems on the ground
- AVIY0023 Launch, control and recover a remotely piloted aircraft
- AVIY0053 Manage remote pilot aircraft systems energy source requirements
- AVIY0031 Apply the principles of air law to remote pilot aircraft systems operations
- AVIZ0005 Apply situational awareness in remote pilot aircraft systems operations.
- AVIE0003 Operate aeronautical radio
- AVIE0005 Complete a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM)
- AVIY0027 Operate multi-rotor remote pilot aircraft systems
- AVIH0008 Operate remote pilot aircraft systems extended visual line of sight (EVLOS)
- AVIW0008 Conduct aerial search using remote pilot aircraft systems