AVI30316 – Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot – Visual Line of Sight)
This course is the highest qualification available for professionals who wish to operate within the sub 7kg multirotor remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) industry. Participants will acquire two Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) licensed outcomes; a Remote Pilot License and an Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate. Remote pilot duties include applying technical and non-technical aviation skills and knowledge within RPAS operational environments.
21 days: 142 hours plus self-paced eLearning
3 weeks face-to-face practical and theory training – Monday to Friday (8:00am to 4:00pm)
24-hour online course access for student learning guides and reference material
A combination of facilitator lead and online course (self-paced) learning following CASA practical RPAS flight training on site.
- An Australian driver’s licence.
- A sufficient level of English language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- CASA ARN
NOTE: To demonstrate your English language competency, you can either provide evidence of English language proficiency (Year 10 English or equivalent) or a minimum of six month of vocational experience. Alternatively, we offer Civil Aviation Safety Authority General English Language Proficiency tests for ground crew and flight licensing requirements.
Upon completion of this qualification, you will gain all the necessary skills and experience for roles such as a Remote Pilot.
14 Units of competency – All Core
- AVIE0001 – Operate aeronautical radio
- AVIF0013 – Manage human factors in remote pilot aircraft systems operations
- AVIF3023 – Apply regulations and policies during remote pilot aircraft systems operations
- AVIH3019 – Navigate remote pilot aircraft systems
- AVIK3002 – Use info technology devices in an aviation workplace
- AVIW3037 – Manage remote pilot aircraft systems pre- and post-flight actions
- AVIW3038 – Operate and manage remote pilot aircraft systems
- AVIY3073 – Control remote pilot aircraft systems on the ground
- AVIY3074 – Launch remote pilot aircraft systems
- AVIY3075 – Control remote pilot aircraft systems in normal flight
- AVIY3076 – Recover remote pilot aircraft systems
- AVIY3077 – Manage remote pilot aircraft systems in abnormal flight situations
- AVIY3078 – Manage remote pilot aircraft systems energy source requirements
- AVIZ3052 – Apply situational awareness in remote pilot aircraft systems operations